The Fitbit Versa 2 is the successor to the Versa, one of the best-selling smartwatches from Fitbit. It’s a great-looking device that comes with a few new features compared to its predecessor. After weeks of testing, we now know everything about this smartwatch and have listed some of its pros and cons below.
Whether you’re thinking about buying it or not, we have information that could help you make an informed decision. The article covers all the details you need to know about this wearable such as its features, design, battery life, software and more. Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about the Fitbit Versa 2.
What’s New in the Fitbit Versa 2?
There are a few new features that were added to the Fitbit Versa 2 compared to its predecessor. Some of the new features are:
– Waterproof Design: The Fitbit Versa 2 is waterproof to 50 meters which means you can use it while swimming. While the previous model is water-resistant, the Fitbit Versa 2 is waterproof.
– Additional Fitness Features: The Fitbit Versa 2 comes with support for Advanced Exercise Recognition, Strength Training and Goal Setting. This means you can track different fitness activities like Yoga, Swimming, Hiking and much more.
– New Design and Colours: While the previous version of the Versa came in only black, the Fitbit Versa 2 comes in black, blue, rose gold and special edition lavender.
Fitbit Versa 2 Design
The Fitbit Versa 2 is a sports watch with a minimalistic design. The device is water resistant up to 50 meters which means you can use it while swimming. The device comes in four colors – black, blue, rose gold and special edition lavender. We found the device to be very light and slim making it suitable for daily wear.
The display is vibrant and bright making it easy to read even under bright sunlight. The OLED display on the device is an improvement over the screen on the Fitbit Versa. It’s brighter and larger and there’s no gap between the screen and the bezel of the watch. As for the buttons, there’s a single button on the left of the device. The button has different uses during different modes.
Fitbit Versa 2 OLED Display
The Fitbit Versa 2 comes with an OLED display that has a pixel density of 326 PPI. The display is bright and vibrant and looks great on the device. The display is an improvement over the one on the Fitbit Versa.
The previous model’s display had a gap between the bezel and the display. The Fitbit Versa 2 however has no gap between the two making the display look even better than its predecessor. The Fitbit Versa 2 has the same software as the Versa. The software is great and easy to use. There are a few new additions to the software on the Fitbit Versa 2 compared to its predecessor.
Fitbit Versa 2 Battery Life
The Fitbit Versa 2 comes with a battery that can last up to four days. While the previous model could last up to seven days, the new model lasts for four days. This means that you’ll have to charge the device after every four days. The Fitbit Versa 2 charges using the same magnetic charger as its predecessor. The device takes about one and a half hours to fully charge.
Fitbit App and Features
The Fitbit app is where you can go to see all your health and fitness data from the Fitbit Versa 2. The app syncs with your device every time you place it on the charging dock. The app has a lot of useful features such as the ability to set fitness goals and track your progress, set alarms and much more.
The app has a user-friendly interface and is quite easy to use. With the app, you can sync your health data to other fitness apps such as Google Fit, Strava and MyFitnessPal. The app also lets you set up notifications. You can set it up to get notifications for calls, texts, calendar events and more. You can also choose what type of notifications you want to receive.
– Activity Tracking: The activity tracking on the Fitbit Versa 2 is great. It can track your steps, calories burned, distance traveled, heart rate, floors climbed, active minutes and sleep. – Sleep: The sleep tracking on the Fitbit Versa 2 is also great. It automatically tracks your sleep and shows you a detailed analysis when you open the Fitbit app. You can also set up sleep alarms on the app. – Heart Rate: The heart rate tracking on the Fitbit Versa 2 is amazing. It can track your heart rate at all times. You can also set the app to track heart rate during specific activities.
– Smart Replies: The Fitbit Versa 2 supports Android and iOS and comes with a new feature called Smart Replies. With this feature, you can select from a few different replies that you want to use when someone sends you a message.
– Calls: The Fitbit Versa 2 lets you take calls, receive notifications and has an option to reject or end a call. You can also choose to send a text message to the person calling you.
– Music Control: The Fitbit Versa 2 comes with support for Amazon Music and Pandora. You can play songs from these apps directly from your smartwatch.
– Shopping: You can use the Fitbit Versa 2 to shop for stuff from your favorite stores. You can use the device to add items to your cart and checkout from the wrist.
– Weather: The Fitbit Versa 2 comes with a weather app that shows detailed weather information. You can also set up the device to notify you about the upcoming weather.
Pros of the Fitbit Versa 2
There are many pros of the Fitbit Versa 2. Some of them are:
– Great Design: The Fitbit Versa 2 has a great design. It’s lightweight, easy to wear and comes in a few different colors. The device is perfect for daily wear and can be worn on any occasion.
– Good Display: The Fitbit Versa 2 comes with a great and vibrant display. The OLED display is bright, colorful and easy to read even under direct sunlight.
– Long Battery Life: The Fitbit Versa 2 has a long battery life and can last for up to four days on a single charge. The device also takes about one and a half hours to charge fully.
– Great Fitness Tracking: The Fitbit Versa 2 is great for fitness tracking. It can track your steps, calories burned, distance traveled, heart rate, floors climbed, active minutes and sleep.
– Lots of Features: The Fitbit Versa 2 comes with a lot of features such as an OLED display, heart rate tracking, smart replies, music control, support for various apps and more.
Cons of the Fitbit Versa 2
There are a few cons of the Fitbit Versa 2 as well. Some of them are:
– No GPS: The Fitbit Versa 2 does not come with a built-in GPS. This means that the device cannot be used for tracking distance traveled, pace or route. You can however track this data when you pair the device with your smartphone.
– No NFC: The Fitbit Versa 2 does not come with NFC which means that you cannot use it for making payments.
– No Swappable Strap: The Fitbit Versa 2 comes with a silicone strap. While this is great for people with allergies, some people might want a changeable strap. The Fitbit Versa 2 does not let you change the strap.
– No Google Assistant: The Fitbit Versa 2 does not come with support for Google Assistant. This means that you cannot use the device to control your smart home devices.
– No LTE Support: The Fitbit Versa 2 does not come with LTE support which means that you cannot make calls or send text messages from the device.
– Few Apps: The Fitbit Versa 2 only comes with a few apps such as Weather and Music. There are hardly any third-party apps available on the device.
The Fitbit Versa 2 is a great fitness smartwatch. It comes with a great